Sunday, November 29, 2015

My blog has moved!

Same name, new address:
https://seekingserenityinchaos.wordpress.com

I started this blog because I recognized that, as an English teacher, I needed to have more of a writing life, a writing presence. I thought the blog would help me develop more of my own writing life as I encouraged my students to develop theirs. I was inconsistent with writing for the blog, though, and I did not have a clear focus as I wrote about education, reading, teaching, and gluten-free food and restaurants. My new blog of the same name will be much more focused. I’ve become increasingly passionate about sharing ways in which teachers can integrate supplemental activities in their classrooms to help students’ well-being and confidence, as well classroom community, while also emphasizing student choice and reflection and connecting to skills. Sound ambitious? It is possible! I look forward to sharing how you can incorporate “Mindful Monday,” “Museday Tuesday,” and “Free-Reading Friday” activities, along with other workshops and mini-lessons, into your classroom routines to promote confidence, mental wellness, and community while helping students further develop their reading, writing, and speaking skills. (If you followed this blog because of the gluten-free tips, I'm sorry to disappoint you. I am keeping this blog up in case I decide to return to that focus in a blog. My Blogger blog would then be focused on gluten-free, allergy-free living.) 

I hope that you will continue to join me on this journey to continually find serenity in the chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment